Monday, July 16, 2012

My Imagination Monday with My Cricut Craftroom





 Hi Crafters! It’s time for another My Imagineation Monday. 

I love using my Imagine and I wanted to create something new and exciting for you today.
I used My Imagine and the Ancestry cartridge along with printable vinyl to cover my laptop. 



1st I used the print feature on the imagine to print 2 12x12 pieces of the printable vinyl. 


I used the pattern on page 4 of the hand book.

My laptop measures 14 ½ x 9 ½

here is the printed vinyl

2nd I cut the 1st piece of vinyl down to 12x 9 ½
And applied it to my laptop.


*make sure to clean your laptop with a good cleaner. I used electronic wipes*

Now since my laptop was larger than my vinyl I had to “butt up” the 2 pieces of vinyl and I ended up having to overlap them by about 1” (see pix)


I love the way that it turned out, I have been wanting to personalize my computer for sometime and the other day while looking through my vinyl box I saw the printable sheets and decided to give it a try, I am so happy with the results and I didn’t have to pay $20 or more for a laptop skin.

Here is another look at before and after



Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope that you enjoyed my project.
Please be a dear and head over to My Cricut Craftroom and see what my fellow design team members have made.


 Crafty Hugs and Love
 Sarah



10 comments:

  1. You just have to love the printable vinyl. Great idea.
    DT sis L.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn out very nice. I may have to see hubby will let me do his laptop.

    Hugs
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah! How cute that turned out! It's so cool to see you use the vinyl you can print on! I love the pattern you chose! Neat project!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sarah, this is fabulous!!! Love the pattern you chose and you matched the 2 pieces perfectly!!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous project Sarah! love the pattern you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Sarah, Love the idea. I need to make some vinyl cuts for my stuff.

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, totally cute, Sarah!! Love the way it turned out! Great job!

    Hugs,
    HL
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job@ i had never thought of doing something like this. Thanks for sharing!

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will have to try this idea. :) Thanks for sharing. Will the vinyl hurt the laptop cover?

    Tess
    MCCR Dt sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun! Now I want to try it on my laptop...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your wonderful comments! Please leave me some love!